Griffin & Strong, P.C. (GSPC) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based professional corporation that focuses on law and public policy consulting. The firm was organized in 1992, incorporated in June, 1996, and has been in business continuously since that time—over twenty five years.
Griffin & Strong, P.C. has methodically built its experience and reputation in the area of public policy consulting and supplier diversity consulting and has conducted disparity studies, drafted program legislation and engaged in remedial program development nationwide. GSPC is unique in that it is a law firm with a public policy consulting division whose sole focus is disparity research and equity and inclusion program analysis and consulting. We are suited to analyze and respond to the current legal climate which confronts governmental efforts to promote equity, to ensure that all citizens are given an equal opportunity to compete in the area of public contracting.
Below are a few jurisdictions GSPC has or is performing disparity studies for:
- Bexar City, Texas
- City of Atlanta, Georgia
- City of Birmingham, Alabama
- City of Chattanooga, Tennessee
- City of Cincinnati, Ohio
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- City of Durham, North Carolina
- City of Frederick, Maryland
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- City of Phoenix, Arizona
- City of St. Louis, Missouri
- City of Tacoma, Washington
- Clark City, Nevada
- Cuyahoga City, Ohio
- Dekalb City, Georgia
- Fulton City-City of Atlanta Landbank Authority
- Fulton City, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Lottery
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Houston Metropolitan Transit
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson City
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
- Montgomery City, Maryland
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- New Orleans (LA) Aviation Board
- Newark, New Jersey Consortium
- Port of Houston, Texas
- Sound Transit, Washington
- State of Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- State of Tennessee
- State of North Carolina
GSPC has also engaged in the following public policy and supplier diversity consulting arrangements:
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games (ACOG)
- The New World of Coca Cola
- FedEx Forum (Memphis)
- Mercedes Benz Stadium (Atlanta)
- State Farm Arena (Atlanta)
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 4 (Cohort Lead)
- Consulted with the following cities:
- City of San Antonio, Texas
- City of Chicago, Illinois
- City of Fayetteville, Wisconsin
- City of Los Angeles, California
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 6 (launched in June of 2019)
GSPC presents the most experienced and qualified team in the industry with each team member holding significant experience in disparity study consulting and program development.
Debra Ragin Jessup - Freedman Thompson Witt Ceberio & Byrd, PLLC.
- Debra Ragin Jessup brings a wide array of experience to Freedman Thompson Witt Ceberio & Byrd. Debra focuses her law in Elder Law, Wills and Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, Business Succession Planning and Disability Law.
- Taught Business Law at Wake Forest University
- Serves on the Board of Directors for the Bethlehem Center and Yadkin Valley Economic Development District. She is a member of the Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, and North Carolina Bar Associations.
- B.S. in Government from Georgetown University, 1982
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 1988
- Licensed in North Carolina (State) and Middle District of North Carolina (Federal)
David Camps - H4 Enterprises, LLC
- Contracting agency headquartered in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Firm provides government and non-government agencies with training, certification, professional and administrative services.
- Local Fayetteville, disabled veteran owned, 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise.
- Support Government Organizations and NGO’s with training, reporting, analysis, systems integration, and a variety of other services collaboration and project development.
- B.S. Psychology, Bowie State University,
- M.S. Information Systems, George Mason University
- EdD. Higher Education, Fayetteville State University.
Michele Clark Jenkins. - Sr. Director, Consulting Group - Project Manager
- 10 years of Disparity Study Project Management.
- 23 Disparity Studies, 4 goal- settings for Georgia DOT, 3 goal-settings for Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Expertise in post-study guidance.
- B.A. in Anthropology, Princeton University;
- J.D. NY Law School;
- Certification in Negotiations from Harvard University; PMP Certified Project Manager; and Certified Contract Compliance Administration
Syeda Shahbano - Deputy Project Manager
Project management and outreach coordination
- Extensively experienced in Congressional Communication, Policy and Constituent Relations – worked for the Speaker of House, Nancy Pelosi
- Skilled in communications, strategy, and data synthetization
- Currently serving as Assistant Project Manager on Disparity Studies for Orange County, FL, Bexar County, TX, Milwaukee, WI, Frederick, MD, Birmingham, AL, Shelby County, TN, Fayetteville, NC, and Fayetteville PWC
- B.A. in Sociology from the University of California, Berkeley College of Letters and Sciences
Dr. J. Vincent Eagan – Principal Investigator
- Served on over 120 disparity studies since 1993
- Foremost national expert is disparity research
- Over 120 disparity studies.
- Successful expert witness in 6 cases.
- Member of Bloomberg Business Week Academic Advisory Panel on law for 12 years
- J.D. from Harvard University; and Ph.D. in Economics from Georgia State University
David Maher - Legal & Policy Analyst
- Litigation specialist with over 20 Years of experience in corporate defense, litigation support, civil appeals and general counsel.
- Georgia Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law and in Labor and Employment Law.
- Served as Federal Law Clerk in 11th Circuit Court of Appeals responsible for research and drafting opinions in areas of employment, civil rights, and immigration.
- B.S.W from University of Wisconsin; JD from Florida State University.
Sascha Hollingsworth – Data Analyst
- Currently serving as Data Analyst on Disparity Studies for City of Augusta, GA: Charles County, MD; Frederick County, MD; Cuyahoga County, OH; City of Birmingham, AL; and State of NC
- B.S. in Computational and Applied Mathematics with a Minor in Information Technology
- Udemy Bootcamp in Python for Data Science and Machine Learning
Dr. Gregory Price – Sr. Economist
Econometric Oversight and Private Sector Analysis
- Skilled Econometrician and Applied Theorist, Experienced in Economic Forensics.
- 20 Disparity Studies
- 25 years of economic analysis of discrimination and disparity of employment, private sector contracting, lending and public contracting.
- Former president National Economics Association.
- PhD. in Economics from the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
Marcus Garner - Anecdotal Analyst
- Multi-platform communications profession with more than 20 years experience in written and oral communications
- Written opinion and special articles for industry publications like “Governing Magazine” and “U.S. Security Post”
- Former Director of Communications for Dekalb County Office of the District Attorney & Solicitor-General.
- Former Senior Report for the Atlanta Journal & Constitution, Atlanta’s main local paper
- M.S. in Newspaper Journalist from Syracuse University
- B.A. in English from Clark Atlanta University
Susan Johnson - Director of Project Administration
- More than 30 Disparity Studies as Contractor Administrator or Deputy Project Manager.
- Former Director of Human Resources for Concessions International
- Contract Compliance Administrator for the City of Atlanta Office of Contract Compliance
- B.A. Political Science, Spelman College; M.S Urban Government and Administration and an M.A. in Human Resource Management, Georgia State University
Ajíṣafẹ́ Ẹkúndayọ̀ Adaján - Data Analyst & Survey of Business Owners Conductor
- Core competencies of the firm include survey development, qualitative data analysis, focus groups, and interviews
- Recipients of the 2015 Business of the Year, Community Workforce Award, DeKalb County Chamber of Commerce
- Clients include Annie E. Casey Foundation, United Nations Foundation, and University System of Georgia.
- Conducted surveys on 13 disparity studies
- PhD in Social Psychology
Rodney K. Strong - Project Executive
- Recognized as national expert in Disparity Research, Supplier Diversity, and Remedial Program Development and Implementation.
- Former Director of Contract Compliance for the City of Atlanta, GAs
- Project Manager for the first major post-Croson disparity study
- Principal architect of the City of Atlanta’s EBO Program, which became the national model for post-Croson MBE programs
- Testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship